Thursday, August 20, 2009

What is this? You did US!!

Shahrukh Khan's interrogation in the USA was a shame for USA. True, as people would say, why give so much importance to SRK being detained in the airport for two hours, when there are so many more important socio-economic issues bogging the country – from poverty to illiteracy! But truth also is that while socio-economic issues should be picked up constantly – and I here with MAIMT do attempt the same yet, SRK will make news from time to time because they too impact the country in many ways coz he is the celebrity. And this time around, SRK’s detention has brought to light the plight of thousands of others who go through a similar kind of a treatment on a most regular basis.
Personally speaking, I haven’t ever been subjected to a detailed profiling like this; but yes if some body from my own country asked me will be annoying. This is good enough for me to decide that I would not go to the USA unless it is a matter of utter emergency.
And thankfully, there is no such thing as ‘utter emergency’ that is able to take me to USA atleast.

No comments: